FREE RESERVATION .COM.SG OR .SG FOR NEWBIES!
Starting from 2 January 2013, all new businesses and companies registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) via its BizFile system on or after 5 October 2012, will save at least S$30 for the first year of registration for their first domain name (ending with ".com.sg" or ".sg"). The domain name must be activated within 90 days from the date the business/company is successfully registered with ACRA.
Promotion is for a limited period only, so hurry and register now!
It is easy to reserve a domain name!
You can now easily reserve a domain name (ending with ".com.sg" or ".sg") at the same time when you register a business (including limited liability partnership and limited partnership) or company in Singapore electronically with ACRA via its BizFile system.
The domain name you have selected will be reserved and must be activated within 90 days from the date the business/company is successfully registered with ACRA.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACTIVATING YOUR RESERVED DOMAIN NAME:
- If I have reserved a domain name via ACRA's BizFile system, how do I activate the reserved domain name?
To activate the domain name you have reserved, please fill up the Domain Activation Form and make sure the following matches the reserved domain name:
You will receive confirmation email once the domain name is activated successfully.
- Domain Name
- Arca Number
- NRIC Number
- If I miss the opportunity to reserve a domain name via BizFile, can I still reserve a domain name?
Yes. You may reserve domain name via the Domain Reservation Form and attached document as following:
You will receive confirmation email when reservation domain name successfully.
- A copy of the NRIC of the partner/manager/shareholder/director of the registrant; and
- A copy of Biz Profile of the registrant which shows the NRIC of partner/manager/shareholder/director.
Once you have reserved your domain name successfully, you will need to "activate" your domain name with NewMedia Express. Please also see Q1.
- Can I reserve more than one domain name?
You can reserve only one domain name for each business or company in Singapore
- Can I reserve a "org.sg", "net.sg" or "edu.sg" domain name?
No, this promotion is for "com.sg" and ".sg" domain names only.
- How much does it cost to reserve a domain name?
No fee is charged for reserving a domain name (ending with ".com.sg" or ".sg").
The Reservation form allows you to reserve a domain name without our assistance. Hence, no fee incurred for domain reservation & activation. However, a minimum of S$30 is charged shall you require our assistance.
Terms and Conditions for ARCA Domain Reservation/Activation:
- S$30 per request if you enquire us to RESERVE domain on behalf of you.
- S$30 per request if you enquire us to ACTIVATE domain on behalf of you.
- $30 per request for the change of reserved domain name. EG: Spelt wrongly or Reserved the wrong domain name (abc.com.sg instead of abc.sg).
- S$60 per request for the change of Registrant contact/Domain ownership.
- S$5/month for DNS Service.
- What happens after the reservation period?
If the reservation period has ended and you have not activated the reserved domain name, your reservation will lapse and you will not be entitled to the free domain name. In addition, that domain name will be available for registration/reservation again by any party on a first-come-first-served basis.
- I have forgotten whether my reservation period has ended. What should I do?
If you have reserved the domain name via ACRA's BizFile system, go to www.sgnic.sg and type the domain name in the "Whois" box. The "Creation Date" will show the date the domain name was first reserved. The reservation period will end 90 days from the "Creation Date". Alternatively, may email us at email@example.com or contact +(65) 6636 8873 to seek clarification.
- What if I want to change the reserved domain name?
You may do so with NewMedia Express. Please provide them with a copy of your Biz Profile (with information on the NRIC of the owners/shareholders/directors) and a copy of the NRIC of any of the owner/shareholder/director for verification. In addition, please fill up request delete the reservation for domain name with the following information:
**Admin fee S$30 incurred for change reserve domain name request.
- Company name:
- ACRA No:
- NRIC/Full Name:
- Reason for change:
- Registrants wish to change domain name:
- How much do I have to pay to activate the reserved domain name?
No fee is charged for activating a domain name.
The Activation form allows you to automatically activate the domain name without our assistance. Hence, no fee incurred for domain activation. However, a minimum of S$30 is charged shall you require our assistance. Please refer Q5 for more information.
- How much if I would like to renew after that?
S$48 per year and S$90 for two years.
- How long will the promotion last?
The promotion will be available from 2 January 2013 or until further notice from SGNIC.